Apply For Social Security Online Services
Its an independent organization of federal government of United States of America; this administrates the social security, the program of social insurance consisting of the disability, survivors’, and disability benefits. In order to qualify for benefits, most of the workers in United States of America pay the taxes of social security on the incomes; further benefits are based on contributions of the employees.
This agency was founded by the law. The commissioner of this agency was sworn in the year of 2007 for the term of six year. Headquarter of this company is situated in the Woodlawn in Maryland, this headquarter is also called and known as the central office. This agency has 8 centers of processing, 10 regional offices, round about thirteen hundred field offices, and approximately thirty seven centers of teleservice.
Things You Should Know
- The services on the internet are obtainable during the certain period of time that is the 5 am to the 1am, from Monday to the Friday.
- If you’re applying spouse or retirement benefits then you must be minimum sixty one years old and application must be performed in four months earlier than time you would like to get benefits.
- If you’re already sixty five years old then your spouse or retirement benefits can apply together with the benefits of Medicare. However if you don’t want spouse or retirement benefits then you can submit an application for just Medicare benefits.
- If you would like to apply for the benefits of disability then you require providing the report of adult disability that has the information regarding the work, medical, and the education situation for administration to make a decision whether you’re eligible or not.
- Visit the official website of the online SS services at the www.socialsecurity.gov/onlineservices
- Select benefits you would like to apply
- As directed, answer questions of the application, when you completed click on Apply now button
- To answer the questions, you might be asked to give your social security number, date of the birth, total income of last year, expected income of this year, address, and name of the employers.
- Print application, and sign on this, after this mail this with documents needed to address provided by this agency.
With the online services of social security, you can manage or apply the benefits at house or the other location, with no bother of waiting outside the offices of social security.